Other local cities have both policy and quotas.  I may still have the
contacts to track that down.

> What are your thoughts on this?  Are these people dense?

They may have good background info from other communities doing this or they
may not.  I think they are being prudent and conservative, because there are
many issues for them.

> Can you believe this?!

Easily.  These organizations have many things trying to expand their
agendas, and most merely waste their time.  They truly don't have much time
to learn about or consider something new unless or until it's a big deal for
many of their constituents.

I'd bet that you have better technical and organizational options for your
immediate business problem, however.

---
Chuck